This post was sponsored by ALDI as part of Influencer Activation for Influence Central.
Last month I shared with you my story of experiencing ALDI for the first time, and since then I’ve gone back a number times to grab my grocery needs. The most recent being a for an impromptu Friday night dinner party with friends. I mean, isn’t that what summer is all about? Everything is better outside: laughing, catching up and noshing on good food… it’s the perfect way to pass time.
For those who missed my last piece, ALDI is the new kid in So Cal and they are on a mission. A mission to make it possible for families to enjoy the benefits of affordable high-quality, organic, fresh produce, and natural top choice proteins and dairy with their meals. And I’m happy to report, they are doing just that.
Summer Dinner Party Menu
I had a few recipes in mind and was specifically on a hunt for seasonal ingredients to make a few no-fuss, yet flavorful dishes for my guests and I did just that. Making a true one-stop shop experience, in addition to all of the ingredients I would need for the dishes, ALDI has a great selection of beers and wines available at their stores which saves me time.
Appetizer: Sweet + Spicy Grilled Shrimp
Main Dish: Seared Salmon over a bed of diced seasonal veggies
Dessert: Sweet Pineapple with Vanilla Ginger Syrup
Wine Pairing: Earth’s Harvest Chardonnay
A Sweet + Savory Happy Ending
And then there is dessert. Over the years I’ve discovered that the desserts I love the most are the ones that make fresh fruit the star of the dish. Making even the smallest twists on the classics can go a long way. One of my most favorite dishes to serve is this Sweet Pineapple soaked in Vanilla-Ginger Syrup. I was instantly hooked on the first bite. It’s so easy to make and appeals to everyone regardless if they have a sweet tooth or not!
- Fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- Vanilla Bean
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 pineapple
- Mint leaves
- Specially Selected Super Premium Vanilla Ice Cream
- Add the ginger, scraped vanilla seeds, honey, and water to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until the mixture is thickened. Let cool.
- Cut the pineapple in small cubes and pour into a small bowl with the syrup.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- When you are ready to serve, scoop some in a bowl, add a scoop of Specially Selected Super Premium Vanilla Ice Cream and garnish with mint.
- This dish can be made and kept refrigerated for up to 2 days making it low-fuss and delicious!
Oh, and did you know?
- SimplyNature® includes USDA Certified organic and Non-GMO verified products
- A huge selection of liveGfree® gluten-free products
- USDA Choice meats
- NeverAny! products that are free from added antibiotics, hormones and animal by-products.
So no matter what your family or guests’ dietary needs are, ALDI has you covered when planning the perfect outdoor summer dinner party.
As you can imagine, our dinner was a complete success! Let’s face it, with high quality products and great prices, you really can’t beat ALDI. So the next time you are in a mad dash to cater your next get together, let ALDI help! There are 26 stores across Southern California and you can find the closest one by using this store locator.
Promotional consideration has been furnished by ALDI. On occasion, contributors of The JetSet Family receive products, compensation and/or services gratis or at discounted rates. This practice does not hinder the influencer’s point of view. All descriptions are factual and accurately reflect the overall experience.