This post was sponsored by a2 Milk® as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review.
Nothing can make me happier than a tall glass of cold milk with my freshly baked cookies. Confession time: I love to dunk. Yep. I’m a dunker. But truth be told, I could really do without all of the tummy troubles that come along with it. I don’t mean to get all TMI up in here, but for those of you with lactose sensitivities you hear me. You know exactly where I’m coming from.
Let’s face it, a cookie without milk is just an ordinary cookie. A cookie without milk is borderline sin. And that is why I’m happy to share wit you that our partners at a2 Milk® got it right. Big time. So right, that I’ve accepted to sign-on as one of their brand ambassadors this season. You do know what that means, right?I no longer have to avoid milk all together and I can enjoy my favorite afternoon snack with Kiddo. Cookies. Milk. And dunking. Oh, my!
For those new to the world of lactose sensitivity, a2 Milk® is pure farm fresh milk and is found right here in our favorite neighborhood grocery stores like Sprouts and Whole Foods. a2 Milk® is the pure replacement to those tummy troubling chemically processed alternatives. The days of compromising taste and nutrition with inferior nut- or bean-based beverages – or worst yet, cutting out milk all together – are gone!
My husband is an even bigger fan. Just yesterday he was telling me how much he liked the taste of a2 Milk®. I can’t help to smile because even as I type this blog post, I can clearly hear the distinct clanking of the spoon hitting the curves of my husband’s cereal bowl. You know the sound sound I’m talking about. Oh, wait. What’s that? Now I hear footsteps followed by the bang of the fridge door. That can only mean one thing: SECONDS!
He’s going to seriously flip when he finds out I’m making cookies today. I think it’s safe to say I should’ve bought another carton just for him and handed him a straw. Who needs glasses?
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (substitute dark chocolate to make this a vegan treat!)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup a2 Milk®
- 1 cup banana puree :: 2 – 3 medium-size bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- First add all of the the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Then combine all the wet ingredients and mix together very well.
- Using an ice cream scooper or a large spoon, scoop batter onto a cookie sheet covered with wax paper.
- Bake for 12 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through cooking, or bake until the edges of the cookies are light brown.
- Optional :: for a little extra kick and flavor you can add some maple syrup, scoop of nuts, or a nice serving of peanut butter. Oh, and raisins…duh!!!!